Ben Askern is the owner of the ONE Championship’s welterweight title but yet he rarely gets an opportunity to defend it and it is not for lack of effort on his part. The opponents ONE line up for him fail to either make weight or show up for the fight at all. The trend continued as Askren’s opponent for ONE Championship 41, Nikolay Aleksakhin, failed to make weight thus forcing the company to make their fight a non-title affair.
Despite the change in stipulation Askren managed to dominante Aleksakhin to a unanimous decision victory and pushed his record to 15-0. Askren, a four time All-American Wrestler at the University of Missouri, utilized his superior grappling skill to suffocate Aleksakhin for all five rounds. Askren won the welterweight title in 2014 but has only been able to defend it once since obtaining it.
Below are the full results from ONE Championship 41.
- Ben Askren defeated Nikolay Aleksakhin via unanimous decision
- Geje Eustaquio defeated Gianni Subba via unanimous decision
- Lowen Tynanes defeated Koji Ando via unanimous decision
- Reece McLaren defeated Muin Gafurov via unanimous decision
- Honorio Banario defeated Vaughn Donayre via unanimous decision
- Martin Nguyen defeated Li Kai Wen via TKO in Round 1 at 4:44
- Joshua Pacio defeated Rabin Catalan via TKO in Round 2 at 3:19
- April Osenio defeated Natalie Gonzales Hills via submission in Round 1 at 3:23
- Sunoto Peringkat defeated Bernard Soriano via TKO in Round 1 at 3:50
- Danny Kingad defeated Muhamad Haidar via TKO in Round 1 at 2:20