The UFC made its debut in South Korea on Saturday. The Fight Night card took place in the early morning hours here in the United States and was shown exclusively on the UFC’s Fight Pass App. The card was headlined by a welterweight bout between Benson Henderson and Jorge Masvidal. The bout went the full five rounds and it was Henderson who won the bout in the eyes of the judges.
The bout was a technical one and both fighters used their whole arsenal during the 25-minute affair. Towards the end of the bout it did become more of a grappling affair with neither man really coming close to finishing the fight.
Masvidal was a late replacement for Thiago Alves who was forced to pull out of the bout with an injury. He is now 1-1 since moving up to the welterweight division and is 2-2 in his last four bouts.
Henderson, a former lightweight champion, is now 2-0 in the welterweight division but his future status in up in the air as this was the final bout on his current UFC contract.
Below are the full results from UFC Fight Night in Seoul, North Korea.
Main Card Results:
- Benson Henderson def. Jorge Masvidal via split decision
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Dominic Waters via TKO in Round 1 at 3:11
- Alberto Mina def. Yoshihiro Akiyama via split decision
- Doo Ho Choi def. Sam Sicilia via TKO in Round 1 at 1:33
Preliminary Card Results:
- Dongi Yang def. Jake Collier via TKO in Round 2 at 1:50
- Mike De La Torre def. Yui Chul Nam via split decision
- Tae Hyun Bang def. Leo Kuntz via split decision
- Seo Hee Ham def. Cortney Casey via unanimous decision
- Fredy Serrano def. Yao Zhikui via TKO (arm injury) in Round 1 at 0:44
- Marco Beltran def. Ning Guangyou via split decision
- Dominique Steele def. Dong Hyun Kim via KO in Round 3 at 0:27