Injuries are a common part of mixed martial arts and how a fighter is able to bounce back from them is key to having success in their careers. Invicta FC strawweight Alexa Grasso had not fought since February of 2015 prior to Saturday night’s Invicta FC 18 event. The 22-year old from Mexico showed little rust as she punched and kicked her way to a unanimous decision victory over Jodie Esquibel. The bout served as the main event and took place at the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City and also aired on the UFC Fight Pass.The win pushed Grasso’s record to a perfect 8-0.
Below are the full results from Saturday night’s event and highlight video.
Invicta FC 18 results:
- Alexa Grasso def. Jodie Esquibel via unanimous decision
- Agnieszka Niedzwiedz def. Christine Stanley via unanimous decision
- Mizuki Inoue def. Lynn Alvarez via submission in Round 2 at 3:00
- Cindy Dandois def. Jessamyn Duke via submission in Round 1 at 1:33
- Megan Anderson def. Peggy Morgan via TKO in Round 1 at 4:09
- Tessa Rose Simpson def. Simona Soukupova via unanimous decision
- Aspen Ladd def. Jessica Hoy via TKO in Round 2 at 3:14
- Sijara Eubanks def. Amberlynn Orr via TKO in Round 1 at 4:41