The UFC had a very special weekday Fight Night card on Wednesday. They were in San Diego at the Valley View Casino Center. The night was capped off my a heavyweight battle between veteran Frank Mir and relative young buck Todd Duffee. Also on the card was an important lightweight bout between another MMA veteran in Josh Thompson and former TUF winner Tony Ferguson.
The main event only lasted a little over one minute but it was an action packed minute. Duffee and Mir engaged in a sluggfest that ended with Duffee landing face first on the canvas. The young fighter had Mir hurt a few times but it was Mir’s more precise striking that proved to be the deciding factor. The win was Mir’s second win in a row via a knockout. He recently defeated Antonio Silva back in February.
The night’s co-main event was in all out battle as Tony Ferguson did all he could to try to finish Josh Thomson. Thomson showed that he was tough as nails as he survived multiple elbows to the forehead that left him wearing crimson mask.
Also on the card women’s bantamweight standout Holly Holm had an impressive stand up performance en route to a unanimous decision win over Marion Reneau. Below are the full results from the UFC Fight Night held in San Diego.
Main Card Results (Fox Sports 1):
- Frank Mir def. Todd Duffee via knockout in Round 1 at 1:13
- Tony Ferguson def. Josh Thomson via unanimous decision
- Holly Holm def. Marion Reneau via unanimous decision
- Manny Gamburyan def. Scott Jorgensen via unanimous decision
- Kevin Lee def. James Moontasri via submission in Round 1 at 2:56
- Alan Jouban def. Matt Dwyer via unanimous decision
Preliminary Card Results (Fox Sports 1):
- Sam Sicilia def. Yaotzin Meza via unanimous decision
- Jessica Andrade def. Sarah Moras via unanimous decision
- Rani Yahya def. Masanori Kanehara via split decision
- Sean Strickland def. Igor Araujo via unanimous decision
Preliminary Card Results (UFC Fight Pass):
- Kevin Casey def. Ildemar Alcantara via unanimous decision
- Lyman Good def. Andrew Craig via TKO in Round 2 at 3:37