Bellator 139 was held on Friday night at the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, Kansas. Former UFC heavyweight Cheick Kongo took on former Bellator heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov. Kongo was victorious in the main event bout taking home a unanimous decision victory.
The night’s co-main event ended rather unceremoniously in a no contest due to an illegal knee. David Rickels had John Alessio on the ropes and was looking to be on his way to a victory when he threw and landed an illegal knee costing him the win and forcing the cage side officials to rule the bout a no contest.
Former featherweight champion Pat Curran was able to end his two fight losing streak with a unanimous decision victory over Emmanuel Sanchez. Below are the full results from Bellator 139.
MAIN CARD Results:
- Cheick Kongo def. Alexander Volkov via unanimous decision
- John Alessio vs. David Rickels – no contest (unintentional illegal knee) Round 1 (2:21)
- Hisaki Kato def. Joe Schilling via knockout in Round 2 (0:34)
- Pat Curran def. Emmanuel Sanchez via unanimous decision
PRELIMINARY CARD Results:
- Aaron Ely def. Jeimeson Saudino via submission in Round 2 (1:05)
- Alex Huddleston def. Javy Ayala via submission in Round 1 (1:12)
- Bryanna Fissori def. Iony Razafiarison via unanimous decision
- Augusto Sakai def. Daniel Gallemore via TKO Round 2 (5:00)
- Bubba Jenkins def. Joe Wilk via TKO in Round 2 (1:00)
- Bobby Cooper def. Pablo Villaseca via split decision
- Gaston Reyno def. Greg Scott via submission in Round 1 (1:17)
- Fredreick Brown def. Derek Bohi via TKO in Round 1 (0:29)