Bellator delivered another head scratching main event on Friday night. 51-year old Ken Shamrock was locked inside the cage with 41-year old Kimbo Slice. The bout was originally supposed to take place in 2008 but did not happen due to an injury suffered by Shamrock. Seven years later MMA fans were not given much as Slice was able to put away Shamrock with a first round TKO.
Shamrock immediately went for a takedown and almost had Slice with a submission. Slice was able to escape the submission attempt and land a few blows on Shamrock who fell right on his backside. Referee Jon McCarthy stepped in before anymore damage could be inflicted on the 51-year old Shamrock.
Also on the card featherweight champion Patricio “Pitbull” Friere retained his title by knocking out Daniel Weichel in the second round. Heavyweight standout Bobby Lashley also had a knockout win of his own by defeating Dan Charles with a second round TKO and former lightweight champion Michael Chandler got back on the winning side of things by making quick work of Derek Campos with a first round submission. Below are the full results from Bellator 138.
Bellator 138 Full Results:
- Kimbo Slice def. Ken Shamrock via TKO in Round 1 (2:22)
- Featherweight Championship:Patricio Freire def. Daniel Weichel via knockout in Round 2 (0:32)
- Bobby Lashley def. Dan Charles via TKO in Round 2 (4:14)
- Daniel Straus def. Henry Corrales via submission in Round 2 (3:47)
- Michael Chandler def. Derek Campos via submission in Round 1 (2:17)
- Justin Guthrie def. Steven Mann via submission in Round 2 (1:09)
- Justin Lawrence def. Sean Wilson via TKO in Round 1 (4:56)
- Chris Heatherly def. Garrett Gross via unanimous decision
- Kyle Kurtz def. Adam Cella via submission in Round 2 (4:13)
- Hugh Pulley def. Eric Irvin via split decision
- Miles McDonald def. Dan O’Connor via submission inRound 3 (4:30)