The UFC held what was arguably the most entertaining card of 2015. With two titles on the line and a ton of back story leading up to the card, the fighters did not disappoint in their performances. Chris Weidman showed that he can dominate anyone on the ground as he defeated Vitor Belfort in the first round with some serious ground and pound. Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson showed just how much becoming the new light heavyweight champion by delivering two championship performances. It was Cormier who was able to use his grappling skill to control Johnson and finish the fight with a rear naked choke.
Donald Cerrone may have cemented his place as the number one contender with a TKO win over John Makdessi. Also Andrei Arlovski showed that he has plenty left in the tank by knocking out Travis Browne in the first round and Joseph Benavidez kept his name at the top of the flyweight rankings by grinding out a decision victory over John Moraga. Below are the full results for UFC 187.
Main Card Results:
- Daniel Cormier defeats Anthony Johnson via submission at 2:39 of Round 3
- Chris Weidman defeats Vitor Belfort via TKO at 2:53 of Round 1
- Donald Cerrone defeats John Makdessi via TKO at 4:44 of Round 2
- Andrei Arlovski defeats Travis Browne via TKO at 4:41 of Round 1
- Joseph Benavidez def. John Moraga via unanimous decision
Preliminary Card Results:
- John Dodson defeats Zach Makovsky via unanimous decision
- Dong Hyun Kim defeats Josh Burkman via submission at 2:13 of Round 3
- Rafael Natal defeats Uriah Hall via split decision
- Colby Covington defeats Mike Pyle by unanimous decision
- Islam Makhachev defeates Leo Kuntz via submission at 2:38 of Round 2
- Justin Scoggins defeats Josh Sampo via unanimous decision