The UFC returned to pay-per-view on Saturday night with a rematch between welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson. The two previously fought to a draw back at UFC 205. The T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas played host to UFC 209 which also featured a heavyweight bout between Alistair Overeem and Mark Hunt. The card suffered a major hit the day prior when the co-main event had to be scrapped after Khabib Nurmagomedov was sent to the hospital due to weight-cutting issues. His opponent Tony Ferguson was awarded his full pay for showing up and making the lightweight limit.
Below are the full results for UFC 209.
Main Card Results:
- Tyron Woodley def. Stephen Thompson via majority decision
- David Teymur def. Lando Vannata via unanimous decision
- Daniel Kelly def. Rashad Evans via split decision
- Cynthia Calvillo def. Amanda Cooper via submission in Round 1 at 3:19
- Alistair Overeem def. Mark Hunt via KO in Round 3 at 1:44
Preliminary Card Results:
- Marcin Tybura def. Luis Henrique via TKO in Round 3 at 3:46
- Darren Elkins def. Mirsad Bektic via TKO in Round 3 at 3:19
- Iuri Alcantara def. Luke Sanders via submission in Round 2 at 3:13
- Mark Godbeer def. Daniel Spitz via unanimous decision
- Tyson Pedro def. Paul Craig via TKO in Round 1 at 4:10
- Albert Morales def. Andre Soukhamthath via split decision