Bethe Correia lasted slightly longer than Ronda Rousey’s last two opponents did but the outcome was still the same. At UFC 190 on Saturday night, it took Rousey 34 seconds to put away Correia in front of her fellow Brazilians. The fact that Rousey was able to win the fight was not much of a surprise to the majority of the audience but what was a surprise was the manner of how she won it. Corey was billed as the most dangerous opponent Rousey had faced because of her fists.
Rousey showed no fear of Correia’s punching power and decided early to brawl with her. Rousey charged her challenger and never let her get her feet settled as she landed uppercuts and punches that sent her to the fence. Rousey landed a body shot that hurt Correia and followed that up with a punch that sent the Brazilian straight to the canvas. The win was Rousey’s 12 in her career and more importantly she continues to grow as a fighter making her weakness harder and harder to find.
Below are the full results from UFC 190 which also included two finale fights from TUF: Brazil, a pair of heavyweight bouts, and a rematch between two former PRIDE competitors.
UFC 190 Main Card Results:
- Women’s Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey def. Bethe Correia via knockout in Round 1 at 0:34
- Mauricio Rua def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via unanimous decision
- TUF Brazil Lightweight Final: Glaico Franca def. Fernando Bruno via submission in Round 3 at 4:46
- TUF Brazil Bantamweight Final: Reginaldo Vieira def. Dileno Lopes via unanimous decision
- Stefan Struve def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via unanimous decision
- Antonio Silva def. Soa Palelei via TKO in Round 2 at 0:41
- Claudia Gadelha def. Jessica Aguilar via unanimous decision
UFC 190 Preliminary Card Results:
- Demian Maia def. Neil Magny via submission in Round 2 at 2:52
- Patrick Cummins def. Rafael Cavalcante via TKO in Round 3 at 0:45
- Warlley Alves def. Nordine Taleb via submission in Round 2 at 4:11
- Iuri Alcantara def. Leandro Issa via unanimous decision
- Vitor Miranda def. Clint Hester via TKO in Round 2 at 2:38
- Guido Cannetti def. Hugo Viana via unanimous decision