After being out for over one year with a torn ACL, Carlos Condit finally returned to action on Saturday against former title challenger Thiago Alves. Condit showed little ring rust as he mixed up his striking with a series of punches, elbows, knees, and kicks. After a shaky first round for Condit, it was a vicious elbow that landed across the nose of Alves in the second that proved to be the turning point of the match. After the elbow landed, Condit was able to control the fight with his stand up and a series of submission attempts. Like a shark who senses blood in the water, Condit showed no mercy until the bell sounded to signal the end of the round.
In-between the rounds the cage side doctor went in to assess the damage to Alves’ nose and deemed the fighter unfit to continue.
In the night’s co-main event featherweight standout Charles Oliveira added to his impressive UFC resume with a third round submission of Nick Lentz. With Saturday’s submission victory, Oliveira now has seven wins via tap out in the UFC making him tied for third all time. Below are the full results of Saturday’s Fight Night results.
Main Card Results:
- Carlos Condit defeated Thiago Alves via TKO at 5:00 of Round 2 (Doctor’s Stoppage)
- Charles Oliveira defeated Nick Lentz via submission at 1:30 of Round 3
- Alex Oliveira defeated K.J. Noons via submission at 2:30 of Round 1
- Francimar Barroso defeated Ryan Jimmo via unanimous decision
- Francisco Trinaldo defeated Norman Parke via split decision
- Darren Till defeats Wendell Oliveira via KO at 1:37 of Round 2
Preliminary Card Results:
- Rony Jason defeats Damon Jackson via submission at 3:31 of Round 1
- Jussier Formiga defeats Wilson Reis via unanimous decision
- Nicolas Dalby defeats Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos via split decision
- Mirsad Bektic defeats Lucas Martins via TKO at :30 of Round 2
- Juliana Lima defeats Ericka Almeida via unanimous decision
- Tom Breese defeated Luis Dutra via TKO at 4:58 of Round 1